Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When I grow Up.....

Last night before putting them to bed I gave the kids baths. I was sitting by the tub getting ready to wash them because the water was no longer warm it was cold, they had been in it for quite some time. Elisabeth started pouring water over Isaac's head and then blurted out, "Mom when I grow up I wanna be a washa." (because she can't pronounce her R's) I said, "A washer what is that?" She explained, .... "You know... a washer is someone who washes people, washes cars, they wash all kinds of stuff". It was so cute I just had to laugh. Who knows maybe she will start a new career option for people.

She is always full of unexpected conversation, which I'm sure every three year old is. In the car on the way home from the gym today she asked me why Jesus made the cold. After giving her my opinion, she randomly questioned, then why did he make some things scratchy? I didn't really know what to say.... except if we didn't have scratchy things we wouldn't appreciate the soft things. I love the fact that she teaches me with her innocent comments and questions.

She has been struggling lately with her prayers, she always wants help because she says she doesn't know what to say. So I finally explained it to her in a way that she understood. I told her that she is talking to her Daddy that lives in Heaven, and that he wants to hear all about her day and he wants to hear anything she has to say. After that explanation she said the sweetest most sincere prayer I think I have ever heard. A couple nights later in her prayer she said, "Heavenly Father, I love my baby brother Isaac so much he is my bestest brother ever, and he is going to be a big brother soon and I know he will be the best big brother to our baby". Talk about a hormonal mother who was trying to hold back the tears, my heart was so full, once again she is teaching me to put my own advice about prayer into better practice.

4 comments:

  1. Oh so cute, and I cried too when I read the prayer story, that was so sweet. You are such a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies and gentlemen. We have a expert conversationalist in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome. Way to go Bef! :) She's got a good mommy to teach her everything she knows and is teaching back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! How sweet! You ARE such a good Mom! I am SO proud and impressed by you! Sure love ya Sara girl!!!

    ReplyDelete