Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heaven Sent

I was feeling a little down today. Realistically it was most likely because I was just tired. But I was feeling sorry for myself, a little stressed out about upcoming events and overwhelmed about a series of other things etc.....
I went up to my room to check on the baby and found my scriptures on my bed where I had left them earlier.I knelt down by them and offered a sincere prayer and asked for peace, I opened my triple and the pages fell to Helaman 5:12, immediately I felt an overwhelming feeling of love and peace, I knew that everything would be alright. of course this didn't stop me from crying a little, in fact I was in tears before I could finish the verse.
Elisabeth came up the stairs to find her pj's and we said a few words to each other and then I came downstairs with Andrew to comfort him. About 5 minutes later Elisabeth was at my side at the computer she said, "Mommy I have a surprise for you!", I replied, in my fake (I'm OK voice), "oh you do?". She then proceeded to reach oh her tipee toes for something that was tucked up behind the computer monitor and this is what she handed me...

Then she said,"my grandpa gave it to me when he was here and now I want you to have it."
Once again my eyes filled up with tears and I knew for a second time in about ten minutes that he had heard my prayer. What a blessing prayer is in my life, and what a blessing it is to be a mother to children who teach me the things I am supposed to be teaching them.
So for all of you that are having a tough day, I have a surprise for you,(to the left) my daughter gave it to me and now I want YOU to have it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sara! I got chills reading this! Isn't it amazing how the Lord answers our prayers in the littlest ways! What good kids you are raising! They wouldn't be that amazing if you weren't a good Mommy teaching them! You are such an example! I sure love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, Thank-you so much for sharing. Seriously you made me cry when I read this. What a sweet little girl you have. I agree with Marcie she is sweet because you are so sweet and close to the spirit. Thanks again for sharing it lifted my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is awesome! I love it when the Lord uses our little ones to deliver his messages and comfort. We love you! (And I needed this, today was ROUGH for me!)

    ReplyDelete